We Are Fellow Travelers On
Your Journey Of Faith
St. Matthew’s is an inclusive, caring, affirming and growing community of faith. We welcome you just as God created you.
Stephanie (third from right) with her family.
The Rev. Stephanie Pace
Stephanie grew up in the Azores, Japan and Brazil, speaking Portuguese, French and Japanese in addition to English. She learned Spanish as an adult and is fluent in that language as well. She graduated from Queens College, Charlotte, NC, with a B.A. in Business Administration and Economics.
After marrying Hugh, they lived in Brazil, Venezuela, Peru, Argentina and Mexico, for 23 years, where she learned Spanish and worked in Marketing and Finance. During 1993, Stephanie entered the San Andres Episcopal Seminary, Mexico City, and completed all studies to attain MDiv (Master of Divinity) and STM (Master of Sacred Theology) degrees. She was ordained an Episcopal Deacon April 1998, and an Episcopal Priest October 1998, in Mexico City.
The path of Stephanie’s ministry:
- Professor of theology, San Andres Episcopal Seminary, Mexico City 1997 – 1999
- Associate Rector, Christ Church, Mexico City 1998 - 1999
- Associate Priest, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Akron, OH 1999 - 2001
- Rector, New Life Episcopal Church, Uniontown, OH 2001 - 2007
- Rector, St. Barnabas Episcopal Church, Trion, GA 2007 - 2010
- Rector, St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church, Brecksville, OH 2010 - Present
Stephanie’s hobbies include travel, bridge, sewing, reading, and exercise (Zumba, yoga, Pilates). She and Hugh have three grown children and three grandchildren.
Through God We...
Live by Faith
We believe in a loving, liberating, and life-giving God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe in following the teachings of Jesus Christ, whose life, death, and resurrection saved the world.
We believe that leadership is a gift from God, and can be expressed by all people in our church, regardless of sexual identity or orientation.
We believe that God loves you – no exceptions.